Thursday, September 16, 2010

*vomit*

Tyler woke up this morning and then went and laid down on the stairs for an hour and a half while I helped everyone else get ready for school. Eventually I convinced him to come upstairs and I got him dressed and then started getting Miranda ready. Tyler had mentioned that his tummy didn't feel good, but he didn't think he was going to puke. Yeah. I was midway through changing Miranda's diaper when I hear gagging and look up to see Tyler staring into his hands. I asked if he was going to puke and he just nodded, so I grabbed the nearest toy bucket and dumped out the toys and handed the mostly empty bucket to him, noticed that there were still 2 wooden blocks in the bottom and then had to reach in twice (!!) to pull them out. Then he emptied his hands into the bucket and threw up some more. Poor kid had tried to catch all the nastiness in his hands so it didn't get all over his clothes and the carpet; that's almost as bad as the time that he was standing in front of me and started gagging, so I pulled out the bottom of my t-shirt to form a makeshift bowl for him to throw up in-- worked just fine until I had to figure out how to take my shirt off... Anyway, Tyler's been fine since then and eating like a champ, which is great since he's going on his first camping trip tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment